Pyrgos House organises daily guided mountain bike tours in northern Kythira.
After a short instruction by our experienced guide Alexis, you will start an unforgettable tour from Potamos to Platia Ammos – via Gerakari. After the first and slightly ascending kilometre, the route continues mainly along descending paths and roads. You will be enjoying stunning views while the evening sun beautifully lights up the landscape.
We offer two different tours:
Tour 1: easy and relaxing
Distance: 12 kilometres (3 kilometres unpaved road)
Route: Potamos – Gerakari – Agios Ioannis – Prongi – Diakopoulianika – Karavas – Amir Ali – Platia Ammos
Duration: 2 – 3 hours
Tour 2: strenuous and adventurous
Distance: 14 kilometres (7,5 kilometres unpaved road)
Route: Potamos – Gerakari – Forests – Kruoneri – Platia Ammos
Duration: 2.5 – 3 hours
- Bike: Gitane
- Standard equipment: helmet, elbow and knee protectors, bottle of water
- Number of participants: min. 3 – max. 5
- Start: 6 pm, from the square next to the pharmacy in Potamos
- After each tour, there will be time for a cool dip in Platia Ammos Bay. Don’t forget to bring your swim wear and towel!
- Price: € 35 per person (return transfer from Platia Ammos to Potamos included)
- Pyrgos House cannot be held responsible for any incidents during the tour.
Enquiries and bookings:
For further information and for bookings, please call (0030) 698986 3140. If you are on Kythira, just come along to the Pyrgos House Office in Potamos, next to the church.
Phone: (00-30) 698986 3140
Office: Pyrgos House, behind the church in Potamos, Kythira